- OTT live streaming, especially premium sports, will be the fastest growing sector in pay TV over the next two years
- Quality of experience with ease of use must be delivered cost-effectively and securely for success in live OTT
- A flexible ecosystem allowing best of breed components to be deployed provides the best hope of meeting criteria for success in live OTT in an environment that is still rapidly changing
- Viewer loyalty and monetization can be enhanced by eliminating barriers between live and VoD with time to view as short as possible
This eBook co-sponsored by Unified Steaming and DTS takes a look a the futurs of premium audio streaming.
- Booming streaming video markets are awash with competition and innovation.
- New audio technologies can bring a home-cinema user experience to the pocket of anyone with a pair of stereo headphones.
- When exclusive content isn’t available, other unique features are needed to compete.
- Commercial deployments are happening across the globe targeting both the dedicated living room and mobile devices.
- Better multi-channel “theatrical” sound will differentiate any video experience.
- Streaming technology has stabilized with the rise of the vendor-independent DASH standard.
New approaches to development can bring TV innovation from operator speed to web speed with the right systems integration
An eBook by Ben Schwarz with additional writing from Philip Hunter
Agility and “web speed” have become rallying calls for pay TV operators in the multiscreen era where the rate at which services must evolve and new features appear has increased by an order of magnitude. Bringing on new customer-facing features within weeks was confined in the past to greenfield deployments but is now becoming essential even for operators encumbered by legacy. Innovations in software development, systems integration, operations and testing cycles are changing this, along with a new approach to systems integration.
Enter your name and email address to download Streaming better Audio eBook
Q: As an operator, how do you choose the right CDN? A: You don’t!
Instead look int CDN selectors approaches or consider CDN (con)federations to always gets what’s best at the right time.
This White Paper co-sponsored by Broadpeak takes a deep dive into the issue.
Enter your name and email address to download CDN selection in real time White Paper
CDNs have improved in leaps and bounds in the last decade. This white paper asks if mainstream suppliers are now struggling to deliver the next big improvement. We look into whether there could be a window of opportunity for network operators to get back into the game. Live OTT streaming is considered a great catalyst for this opportunity.We finish by looking into what the future of CDN’s might look like in the next few years.
Enter your name and email address to download CDN 3.0 White Paper
In the last decade, Pay-TV operators have added telecoms services to their portfolio just as Telcos have added content services to theirs, creating competitive multi-play markets throughout the world. This White Paper explains how the Smart Home can become a new differentiating service for operators to stay competitive. It explains what the Smart Home actually is for the end user and divides the potential markets it can serve into four clear segments. After determining what the drivers will be for this new emerging market it explains in detail what role services providers can play in it.