Virtual Reality is here to stay, in gaming at least. But what about video 360?
We’re at top of the hype cycle, so you’ll hear more and more slack, resist!
- No money yet, just another living room 3D, gloom, gloom , gloom, …
- Users want a pro to point the camera, …
- Current V360 quality (resolution) is still sub-par
... but it’s improving so fast and with a great UX already available in the labs it can be with users within a year or two.
However much bandwidth it ends up needing (10-1000Mbps), live V360 will leverage the best networks.
Video 360 will add something, be-it small or large, to operators' product portfolio and differentiation.
Even if it were to stay on the sidelines, VR and Video 360 will affect how we think of user experience, and may well influence content production.
The video tiling technique offers a scalable solution to delivering video 360 at a fraction of the bandwidth. Download this presentation to learn more, and stay tuned for the eBook due before EOY 2017.
View or download here: Ben_Schwarz_Live_Video_360_delivery_November_2017
- OTT live streaming, especially premium sports, will be the fastest growing sector in pay TV over the next two years
- Quality of experience with ease of use must be delivered cost-effectively and securely for success in live OTT
- A flexible ecosystem allowing best of breed components to be deployed provides the best hope of meeting criteria for success in live OTT in an environment that is still rapidly changing
- Viewer loyalty and monetization can be enhanced by eliminating barriers between live and VoD with time to view as short as possible
Streaming Ecosystem EBook USP-MediaExcel
This eBook co-sponsored by Unified Steaming and DTS takes a look a the futurs of premium audio streaming.
- Booming streaming video markets are awash with competition and innovation.
- New audio technologies can bring a home-cinema user experience to the pocket of anyone with a pair of stereo headphones.
- When exclusive content isn’t available, other unique features are needed to compete.
- Commercial deployments are happening across the globe targeting both the dedicated living room and mobile devices.
- Better multi-channel “theatrical” sound will differentiate any video experience.
- Streaming technology has stabilized with the rise of the vendor-independent DASH standard.
Continue reading The same video streamed with better sound is better video. Home theatre in your pocket.
New approaches to development can bring TV innovation from operator speed to web speed with the right systems integration
An eBook by Ben Schwarz with additional writing from Philip Hunter
Agility and “web speed” have become rallying calls for pay TV operators in the multiscreen era where the rate at which services must evolve and new features appear has increased by an order of magnitude. Bringing on new customer-facing features within weeks was confined in the past to greenfield deployments but is now becoming essential even for operators encumbered by legacy. Innovations in software development, systems integration, operations and testing cycles are changing this, along with a new approach to systems integration.
Streaming better Audio eBook
Q: As an operator, how do you choose the right CDN? A: You don't!
Instead look int CDN selectors approaches or consider CDN (con)federations to always gets what's best at the right time.
This White Paper co-sponsored by Broadpeak takes a deep dive into the issue.
CDN selection in real time White Paper
CDNs have improved in leaps and bounds in the last decade. This white paper asks if mainstream suppliers are now struggling to deliver the next big improvement. We look into whether there could be a window of opportunity for network operators to get back into the game. Live OTT streaming is considered a great catalyst for this opportunity.We finish by looking into what the future of CDN's might look like in the next few years.
CDN 3.0 White Paper